Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Aiwa P30 Power Amplifier Fault

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
.com...
"M.Joshi" wrote in message

Hello,

I am trying to diagnose a fault with an Aiwa P30 DC Stereo Power Amp.
It is part of a mini separates system consisting of a separate tuner and
pre-amp.

The power amplifier does not output any audio to the speakers from
either channels. I have checked that the startup relay engages and both
the positive and negative power rails seem to be OK?

Any other pointers would be useful.

Thank you.

--
M.Joshi

If the amp is functioning to this level, maybe the audio input is missing?
Have you checked the audio level going in? Flat wire connectors make this
difficult, and I'm almost betting this unit uses them... grrr.

Mark Z.

When he says "startup relay", is he referring to a relay that turns on the
main power transformer from a standby supply ? I'm not familiar with this
model of Aiwa, but it occurs to me that it may also have an output relay
that's not coming in ?

Arfa