Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus8377 Ignoramus8377 is offline

Default Toyota forklift with 14k hours

On 2011-09-28, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:
On 9/28/2011 11:54 AM, Ignoramus8377 wrote:
Someone is trying to sell me a Toyota forklift with 14,000 hours. It
does look much better than 14,000 hours and starts fine etc. Still, I
am concerned that it is a lot of hours. How good are those Toyotas and
is it asking for trouble to get a forklift with that many hours?

I adore my Toyota! The only problem I've had was a starter solenoid. I
traded my Clark, my Otis and some cash for it almost ten years ago. I
got it from my forklift repair company, he said that I won't be seeing
much of him any more and he was right.

Of the various brands of forklifts, the Toyotas seem to be the most
"no ****" type of forklifts. Just gets the job done with minimal
excitement.