Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Beryl[_6_] Beryl[_6_] is offline

Default Fwd: Reno Air Race - Probable conclusion to fatal crash

John B. wrote:

But, if you set the incidence of the horizontal stabilizer at
sufficiently high an angle, i.e., build in nose down trim, will you be
able to get the nose up high enough at low speed to fly?

I hesitate to call it nose-down trim (or incidence). I still call it
nose-up trim (or incidence, rigging, whatever) at any speed, but less of
it at 500 mph.

When you can't get the nose high enough at low speed to fly, then you
need to abandon your old "low speed" and accept a higher one.

I have not much more than 200 hrs in my logbook, almost all of it in
152s. And I haven't flown in 25 years. Richard has far more experience,
I'm sure, and is more current. So what?