Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Protecting garage floor from salt dripping off car and follow up for earlier question..

"benick" wrote

Get back to us next spring. I'm curious as to how much more efficient
the
new burner is. Anyone with old equipment can usually save a bundle on
fuel cost by upgrading.

I await your check for 5 grand for a new system...Thanks...LOL...It
doesn't
run as long to bring up the temp in the boiler now..That I do
know.....When
I can AFFORD to replace it I will...Not an option now...Considering we
only
use about 400 gallons a year for heat and hot water in our little ranch
the
pay back would be long after I'm gone at my age...I have replaced all the
windows , doors and added insulation to the attic over the past few years
as
we could afford it and that has helped ALOT...We used to use around 500
gallons...Also looking for a used pellet stove if I could get one for the
right price...New ones are still to much for us at this time...

Payback may be sooner than you think, especially as the price of oil climbs.
The new burner you just put in may be better than the old one, thus my
request to report back.

I had my system replaced two years ago. The state offered 0% financing for
10 years. My monthly payment is $20 less that I'd be paying for oil right
now. I saved 39% in oil use. It would be stupid for me to pass that up,
putting a small amount of cash in my pocket and a new, better heating system
to boot. My oil use was 850 gallons a year though.