Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default OT CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

kreed wrote:
On Sep 28, 2:47 pm, "Phil Allison" wrote:
"kreed"

Also noted a news article a couple of weeks back where a NASA
scientist came out on record speaking of concerns that aliens might
attack us if we don't do something about man made global warming .

** Rabid greenies, space aliens - what's the difference ?

.... Phil

I will take my chances with the space aliens thanks,

**Have yourself committed. You've completely lost touch with reality.

I have yet to see where space aliens (assuming they even exist) have
done any harm to us, even if you were to take as fact the claims of
"alien abductees" and such. At best, a few crop circles here and there
might have shaved a few % of profit off the farmers for the damage
done.

**There you go again: Ignoring science, logic and reason. Crop circles were
created by humans. There is no reputable evidence that this planet has been
visited by aliens. Ever. Significantly, so-called 'alien abductions' suddely
began at around the time science fiction movies about aliens made their way
to cinemas. Like your ideas, such things are purely fictional.

When you compare the damage and potential damage done by greenies,

**OK, I'll bite: What damage and what potential dmage do you refer to? Be
specific. Compare that damage to:

* The war in the Gulf.
* The Vietnam War.
* WWII
* WWI
* Chernobyl
* The recent nuclear reactor problems in Japan
* Bhopal
* The Great Pacific Garbage Patch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_P..._Garbage_Patch
* The extinction of thousands of species during the last 100 years

Which is worse and why?

they would be right up there with governments (historically the
greatest threat to human life) and plagues as a significant threat to
mankind.

**Is that so? How so? Be specific in your answer.

I fully expect that you will adopt your usual attitude and you will fail to
respond to any of my questions.

I accept, in advance, that you acknowledge that you are full of ****.

--
Trevor Wilson