Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Wood stove questions

On 9/26/2011 4:17 PM, Steve B wrote:
We want to add a wood burning stove to our bedroom/house wing. My wife
thinks it best to go up from the stove, 90 through the wall, and 90 through
the metal awning. I say a straight shot through the roof with a double
walled pipe with no 90's, much less TWO.

Comments from anyone with experience appreciated.

Steve

Going out then up IS a viable option, BUT, having said that, you want to
keep your horizontal run as short as possible and it should have some
upward slope to it. It would be better if this horizontal pipe was
insulated also as to keep the internal temp of the pipe up as possible
to prevent deposits. Straight out the top would be best. If you go out
through the wall and up you should still use the insulated or triple
wall pipe for the same reason even on the vertical.

--
Steve Barker