Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bathroom GFI question.Can I tap off of it for a shower hi-hat?

On Sep 27, 6:40*pm, Mikepier wrote:
Can someone decipher what all this means? Am I allowed to do this or
not?

It would appear the answer to that is the code is contradictory.
If it were me, I'd do it because there is no safety issue, it's
perfectly safe. In fact, it's safer than not having a GFCI on
the shower light, which is allowed if it has a non-metalic trim.
So, I'd do it on the theory that the inspector isn't gonna
care. In fact, the inspectors I've dealt with around here
would almost certainly not even notice which specific
circuit it's on when they do the inspection.