Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Protecting garage floor from salt dripping off car and follow up for earlier question..

Not interested in nor can I afford the garage floor coatings that's all the
rage...Just trying to come up with something simple to put under the car
this winter to protect the concrete from salt...The concrete is crumbling a
bit where the tires sit...The garage is about 5 years old if that
matters...Poly would be to slick..A chunk of Astr-Turf or similar ?? Thanks
for any help...Sorry for bringing up winter so early but it comes quick here
in Maine...LOL..

As a side note I asked months ago about replacing an ancient 1960's burner
in an American Standard boiler..Believe it or not it was STILL running but I
couldn't get parts for it anymore...The old one sat on a lip and I asked
about drilling holes and mounting a new Beckett Burner...Well , did that the
other day..Took the front panel off and marked and drilled holes and J B
Welded some bolts on the inside threads poking out ..Used the JB Weld to
keep the bolts in place...Gave it a GOOD cleaning and put the front panel
back on...Slid the new burner with gasket on , put the nuts on and tighened
them , connected it up , hit the switch and presto , runs like a
charm....Thanks for the advice....What a GREAT feeling to do something
yourself...Not to mention the $$$$$ saved...