Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Suitable Substitute for Freon TF Solvent

Jeff Liebermann wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:39:25 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I use naptha as a good general purpose solvent, and resort to paint
remover when desperate.

Which one?
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/423.html
Using paint stripper is probably overkill for contact cleaning. All
those mentioned are hazardous in some manner. All of those mentioned
will eat plastics. However, when desperate, I use automotive brake
cleaner (hexane, xylene, ethyl benzene, toluene, methyl alcohol, etc).
Unfortunately, it's almost as toxic and also eats plastic.

perhaps automotive Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner would work?
my can of CRC cleaner says it's plastic safe and leaves no residue,and you
can find it at most auto parts stores and even Wal-Mart.
it's around $3 per 11 oz can.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik