Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Splined shaft questions....

On 09/27/2011 01:52 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

When I put the splined parts together..I get about 5-10 degrees of play
when rotating the clutch parts on the splined shaft.

If there is ONLY rotational free play when it is assembled, then I
wouldn't worry a whole lot about it. If it is capable of wobbling with
the nut in place, then it is going to be a lot of trouble over time, as
there will be a lot more wear developing. Maybe properly locking the
nut in place is all it will take to make it right.

Jon