Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Side door - repair or replace

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
Some months ago I posted this pic of my side door, the bottom of which
had been ruined by watering nearby shrubs. I tore away loose stuff,
looking for ways to repair rather than replace.

http://tinypic.com/r/j09t3l/7

Among the NG replies was one which said it would cost me more to fix
it than replace it. I always believe the last person that tells me
anything g so I inquired about replacement. The bid I got from a
door guy was about $340?

On second thoughts, I don't see why I should spend $$$ I can ill
afford, doing away with a perfectly sound door.

I am thinking about glueing (sp?), screwing, nailing, attaching
somehow, a piece of metal (or lumber coved at the top) that would
bridge the eroded portionm and possibly filling in underneath with
Bondo, or?

Sound feasible?

TIA

HB

It will get you another 10 or 20 years. Just clean out any decal so it does
not spread.