Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Bathroom GFI question.Can I tap off of it for a shower hi-hat?

On 9/26/2011 9:31 PM, Mikepier wrote:
As previously metioned in other posts,I am renovating a bathroom. I
am installing a hi-hat in the tub/shower area and I would like this
to be GFI protected, even though I've heard conflicting advice on
whether I need it or not.

My question is can I tap off the GFI outlet by the sink to do this?
This outlet is on its own, and it will only feed this 1 light.

By the way, the hi-hat is a HALO H7ICT, and it says its approved for
wet locations,so I don't really know if I need a GFI, but I figure
just to be safe I want to do it.

Yes, following gfretwell's advice, that outlet can be tapped for the
shower light.
Regarding the recessed fixtu if you use a non metallic trim, it
wouldn't require gfci protection