Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Suitable Substitute for Freon TF Solvent

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 19:45:43 -0700, RL Anderson
wrote:

Many years ago, while I was a telephone central office technician, I
used to use a lot of Freon TF solvent. I really loved using it because
it did such a great job.

Fast forward to today. I realize that this solvent has not been
available for quite some time. I would like to "pick the brains" of the
gurus in the group on what solvent is available that is almost as good
as Freon TF. I have some cleaning that needs to be done and most of the
available solvents, from some comments I have checked out, are not up to
the job.

What are you cleaning? Any chlorinated hydrocarbon solvent will work,
but it might also attack the material you're trying to clean.

CaiKleen NF
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/ctype.KB/it.I/id.394/KB.218/.f
http://store.caig.com/s.nl?sc=2&category=&ctype=KB&KB=218&search=CaiKlee n%20NF
I haven't tried the stuff (yet).