Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default drill attachment

Deodiaus wrote:
What I really want is a "concave router" bit? Is that the name?
Basically, something that looks like an cave with teeth. I am sure
that some Dutch craftman must have a dozen of them if I know where to
look.
Basically, something to attach to the end of my drill so that I can
round off the ends of the banister.
My banister cross section is an ellipse, about 1 inch high and 2
inches long.

All you want to do is round off the end(s)? What you want is called a
"rasp". A 4-in-hand - aka "shoemaker's rasp" - will work nicely.
Especially if you use a hammer and chisel to get to rough shape.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...