Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ISO double-ended 5/16" hex screwdriver blades with the spring-loaded ball bearing on side to lock into handle.

I hear you. I think Home Depot had something like what you
seek. One parts house has 10 way screw drivers, which have
5/16 push in ends. But, I'd check HD, first.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Yes, I know this is trivial, but when I do something dumb it
irritates
me. I am (ever so slowly) tearing down my smashed metal
shed, using my
cordless drill with a nutdriver bit, and a Fuller 6-in-1
screwdriver to
keep the screw head end from turning. Using that because it
has a nice
fat handle, and shaft is short enough that I can reach
around the
corners, and 'see' with my fingertips to get on the screws.

All that worked good for about an hour, and then I
fat-fingered the
thing, and it flew and bounced. Found the handle right away,
but no sign
of the bit. #2 Phillips one end, wide flat blade on the
other. It was
only a five-buck screwdriver, but I LIKED it, and it fit my
hand well. I
have a couple dozen driver bits, but they are all 1/4" hex
cross
section. Does anyone sell 5/16" hex shaft bits? I've been
looking as I
run my other errands, but no joy. And nobody around here
carries Fuller
(other than pliers) any more, that I have found. Yes, I
checked vendor
web site, and the handle style I have is apparently no more,
replaced by
something that looks (aside from plastic color) just like
the
made-in-China 6-in-1's that Menards sells. I have a couple
of those for
the minimalist car glove box tool kits, but the bits are not
the same-
magnetic, not the little ball bearings.

I know, if this is the worst thing that happens to me this
month, I am a
lucky man. But it is just eating at me, that bladeless
handle staring at
me from the tote tray.

--
aem sends...