Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair

Default OT CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:10:12 +1000, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"Jeff Liebermann = Nut case "

Humor me for a moment.

** Be better to put idiots like you in straight jackets.

Hmmm... I was looking for a suitable costume for Halloween. That's
an American tradition, where we dress up in scary costumes and
terrorize people like you.

Incidentally, I really enjoy being accused of marginal sanity. It
demonstrates that you're paying attention.

Take a digital camera photo of your favorite
CFL lamp. Turn off all the other sources of light. What color do you
get?

** Irrelevant, totally.

Your brain self correct for color variations. Take a photo under
fluorescent tube lamps and you'll get a greenish tint (unless you have
a camera that automagically does color corrections). Your eyes can be
fooled. Your camera cannot, as it shows the true color.

Here's mine:
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/FEIT-23w.jpg
See a problem perhaps?

** Nope.

Hint: It's yellow. It should be white or at least more like white
than a mix of red and green. I suspect that might be what is giving
Arfa problems. Photographing various CFL lamps, and selecting one
that is closest to white might be a fix.

I just found the package. It's a FEIT BPCE13T cheapo bulb. About
$1US as subsidized by PG&E (the local power utility).
http://energy-star-lighting.findthebest.com/detail/573/Conserv-Energy
2700K which makes it a "warm white".

.... Phil

--