Posted to uk.d-i-y
Weatherlawyer Weatherlawyer is offline

Default Removing a chimney

On Sep 18, 8:04*pm, "Phil L" wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Phil L wrote:

and electricians often have need to go on rooves

How else do we manage to fit the England flags to our chimneys?

Reminds me of a numpty I know a few years ago ( who shall remain nameless!).

Working on his roof, he tied a rope to car in back garden, went up ladder at
the back and up and over so he could work on the front part of his roof.

He heard his wife start the car at the back so he ran up the roof and down
the other side to shout to her to stop but he lost his footing and fell off
into the back yard...to add insult to injury it wasn't even his car being
started, it was someone else's further down the street.

Same bloke a few months later came up to my brother (who worked with him at
the time) holding out a lump hammer, screaming, 'get it off, get it off' at
the top of his voice...our kid was thinking 'WTF' - it turns out he'd been
trying to get the hammer head back down tight onto the shaft and whilst
holding the shaft and banging it on the floor, he'd caught his skin between
the head and the shaft!!

When I was even more foolish than I am now, I was working on a roof of
asbestos tiles replacing a few that had those copper clips missing and
had slid down. The roof was an awkward shape and I couldn't get a
ladder at the places where the job had been left (guess why.)

The roof was slightly damp after frost.
I found myself sitting on the lawn thinking: WTF?
So I climbed back up for more of the same.
I was ready for the second event but I still had to finish the job.
God knows what any neighbours were thinking after the third time.