Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default battery on lawn tractor

On 9/25/2011 7:09 AM, Herb Eneva wrote:
I just had to replace the battery on my #1 lawn tractor. Since it
doesn`t have a generator or alternator I`m wondering what keeps the
battery charged? I
have found that you get what you pay for. Wal-mart has a battery for
$24.95 and it will last about 2 yrs. Tractor supply has one for $38.95
and it will last about 4 yrs. I went with the good one.

If older, it was common to have combination starter/generators instead
of separate starter and generator or alternator for space-saving reasons...

Otherwise, there certainly is one somewhere.