Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default FIOS Telephone connection

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 20:31:45 -0400, Bill Waller
wrote:

I am sorry that I did not make myself clear.
The TV and Internet portion of the FIOS service has been in place for well over
a year. The phone service is new.

There are no Verizon installers/techs available. They want more money, and the
project does not have time to wait for them to settle their dispute with the
company.

The phone line has been activated. That is a software switch from the service
center. The new phone number IS active.

The phone number is active but what about the phone? Can they can use
the phone? And here the guy on the other end of the call? We
like plain English here. :-)

I was only asking where the RJ was sot that the alarm company can plug in and
test the rebuild of the security system.

I would think the alarm company would know how to do that without your
help.

I would like to thank any and all who responded. I did a little research, which
I should have done earlier, and think I have found the elusive RJ-11.

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 17:52:15 -0400, "Cliff Hartle" wrote:

The FIOS Tech should have connected the existing phone line from the pole
going into the house to the ONT.

Like others have posted if they didn't they have to come back and connect
it. The tech that did mine tested the phones to make sure they were
connected.

"Bill Waller" wrote in message
. ..
I am in the process of having my mother's house repaired (to put it mildly)
for
sale.

My DIL had Verizon FIOS put in for TV and Internet and has had the phone
service activated. How does the telephone line get connected to the FIOS
device
in the house?

The jobsite is 300 miles away and I won't be there for another three
weeks. The
alarm company needs a working phone line to test the system.

Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA