Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18868 Ignoramus18868 is offline

Default OT -- 17 year old diskettes

On 2011-09-25, Martin Eastburn wrote:
I had to get a USB floppy unit for my shop tower - no floppy
in it. Handy for laptops also.

This is what I had too.

I used Linux and the kernel recognized the device instantly.

Some software comes that way or requires to be connected...

Martin

On 9/23/2011 11:39 PM, Ignoramus14736 wrote:
I had a 17 year old diskette (1994) with some of my old C code
archives from 1988 or so. I could never get around to reading it,
finally bought a USB diskette reader. To my utter surprise, I could
read it and recovered all archives. Now I have my old MS-DOS library
that I wrote and made money using. Amazing...