Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fwd: Reno Air Race - Probable conclusion to fatal crash

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

The Bernoulli principle ensures that
you'll have blue balls from the effort, though, with all that cool air
flowing over 'em so quickl

Larry, just landing that successfully, and then seeing the wing missing
would have given me blue balls! G

I've had one cockpit electrical fire in the air, and one high-speed
malfunction deployment of my landing gear at about 60 knots over the
maximum allowable speed at which to deploy the gear. Neither caused me
any injury -- only a few very tense moments. (Well, in the case of the
gear emergency, it took a half-hour, and three low passes over the tower
in Sarasota to ensure I had everything down and locked. I only had two
lights!)

Both were simple, non-fatal, not-control-surface, not-engine-failure
emergencies that scared the Sh*T out of me. I handled them, sure --
that's only training. But I can't even imagine how scary it must be to
survive a mid-air, and still retain control!

LLoyd