Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Get a plumber next time....

On 24/09/2011 16:50, ARWadsworth wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:
In ,
The Medway wrote:
I give the lady the bill - £62:50 including parts& labour.

She goes into drama queen mode, she didn't expect it to be that
much, it was much too expensive, would I accept £50?

I would point out at this juncture that this is a 4 bed des res,
with a 2 year old Ford Galaxy& a 1 year old Focus in the drive.

She eventually paid the full amount grudgingly.

Any guesses as to her ethnic origins?

Clue - the capital city is Abuja.

Ever been abroad? It's natural to haggle over prices in many
countries.

And when in Rome....

Told her not to bother me again.

You must have plenty work.

He probably has plently of work when he is only charging £62.50 inc parts
for such a job.

TBF the parts only cost me £3:50 so I ended up with £59 for 50 mins
work. I can live with that.

Don't forget travel to and from etc ;-)

Point being a plumber would have charged £100+.

Easily...

--
Cheers,

John.