Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default condensation under the house

It seems there is condensation building up underneath my house on the
end near the garage that doesn't have foundation vents. Some of the
joists have mold or a fungus on them. The prior owner installed some
crawlspace fans and had them on a timer. I went under there today and
moved one of the fans from under the porch to that wet area and aimed
it toward the other fan that was blowing in the direction of the vents
at the other side of the house. I had to run a new wire from the old
location to the new location of course. I've left the fans on
continuously and will check it in a few days.

The exterminating/moisture inspection company that told me about the
problem has offered a $560 treatment that sprays all exposed wood under
the house and kills any thing that is alive now. I've considered going
under there and spraying bleach/water solution, but I don't think I'll
come out alive.

Does anyone have experience with this?