Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default End mill sharpening, again...

On 9/24/2011 10:34 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:

I can't help you much, other than to say that given your description of
the guy's response to your questions, you really don't want them
sharpening your end mills.

They're not touching mine! But my customer is about to send them a big
'ol box of dull end mills. I'm going in Monday morning to strongly
advise they only send in a couple to see what comes back. There's a new
person in charge of all this stuff and not knowing any better, decided
to use this local outfit. Hopefully I can steer them away, and that
would be easier if I had somewhere to steer them to....

Also going to recommend they shop the MSC sales flyers, and even eBay
(which is where I buy most of my end mills these days)

Jon