Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default electricfy lawn mole?

"Fatter Than Ever Moe" HardTimes@TheFarm wrote in message
bob wrote:
I have mole mounts in my lawn. Unfortunately, our state bans lethal traps
for moles.

I have tried mole poison, mole smoke bomb and neither worked.

Has anyone tried passing electric current into the soil strong enough to
annoy the mole so it would leave?

The neighbor's little terrier dog got the mole in my yard. Dug it out
shook it a few times and no more Mr. Mole.

My little poodle/terrier is vicious on small animals. I caught one in my
Macabee gopher trap, and wanted to see what the dogs would do. One sniffed
it and walked off. The other ripped it from the trap and slung it side to
side about six times in .5 seconds. She digs and digs trying to get them,
but as yet hasn't gotten one by digging. Ours don't come above ground a
lot, but I suspect if they do, they're goners. Now they have moved up to
chipmunks, squirrels, and jackrabbits. Vicious dogs, but the cat still
kicks their butts and makes them yell, and they know better than mess with
any cat. But they have picked up the stalking technique by watching the
cat. Hope they get better on gophers.

Steve