Posted to alt.home.repair
JimT[_2_] JimT[_2_] is offline

Default UARS comes down near Calgary - good thing it wasn't an ICBM

On 9/24/2011 11:23 AM, Home Guy wrote:
Harry K wrote:

They are claiming that it came down in the pacific ocean.
Obviously they have no real ability to detect this relatively
large object, with a shape that is probably ideal to detect
with radar (as opposed to a streamlined missle).

Do some study on what happens to a misshapen object when it
encounters the atmosphere.

If you know the answer to "what happens to a misshpen object when it
encounters the atmosphere" then tell us.

If you're speculating that there is something that happens when "a
misshpen object when it encounters the atmosphere" then the onus is on
you to do the research.

This thing would have been on the very edge of the atmosphere when it
was off the coast of Washington state. Radar can detect objects 100
miles in altitude for hundreds if not a few thousand miles away.

Why didn't they have an AWAX (sp?) plane in the air at the time?

As posts go, yours is pretty close to the bottom when it comes to
sanity.

Mine is a valid question.

You're the one that's insane by dismissing it.

I think he was paying you a compliment. You're at the bottom, but you're
sane? The rock bottom of sanity? The foundation of sanity? I think
you're batty. :-)