Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Rechargable batteries

"Wilfred Xavier Pickles" wrote in message

Forgive my lack of knowledge re batteries ...

I have a Panasonic cordless phone (KX-TGA101S) using Pan. AAA MiMH rated
at "Min 550 mAh".

Are these appropriate as replacements:

As I only gave the page a cursory glance I may have missed where it said
"NiMh" - OTOH they look like the rechargeable alkalines which can only be
recharged a *very limited* number of times and only then if you never
discharge them flat, and only with a special charger.

Make sure you buy NiMh cells, it doesn't matter if the Ah capacity is higher
than the originals (technology keeps improving) anyway, most makers claim
NiMh are immune to memory effect. They'll just take longer to reach full
charge and last longer before next charge.

As long as the old cells haven't failed S/C, put them in a fast NiMh charger
and then run them down in a (filament bulb) flashlight - repeat
charge/discharge cycle a few times, you may see some improvement.