Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best practices for trailer electrical wiring

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 08:03:36 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

One practice I try to follow is to unplug the lights before backing
in. The other is to try to remember to plug them back in before
hitting the road. That one's harder.

Pete Keillor

I had the same problem when racing sailboats..so used a spare pin to
ground a wire from a green LED on the dash. When there was no
trailer..no light. When the trailer was plugged in..the green light
showed. It would flicker and blink if the ground connection OF the
trailer was bad so it was a secondary indication of what the rest of my
lights are doing.

Gunner

"In the history of mankind, there have always been men and women who's goal
in life is to take down nations. We have just elected such a man to run our
country." - David Lloyyd (2008)