Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Get a plumber next time....

Thursday afternoon, 4:45pm I get a call from a customer I've worked for
before.

Water pouring all over the downstairs cloakroom, had to turn the mains
off, can't cook the kids tea or give them a bath.

I get there at 5:30pm. The leak is from the fill valve connection. Not
a drip, water gushes out when you turn the mains back on.

Turns out it had been dripping and her husband tried to fix it - with a
hammer believe it or not.

By 6:20pm I've replaced the fill valve & the tap connector &
straightened the siphon so the fill valve arm doesn't get caught on it
anymore.

I give the lady the bill - £62:50 including parts & labour.

She goes into drama queen mode, she didn't expect it to be that much, it
was much too expensive, would I accept £50?

I would point out at this juncture that this is a 4 bed des res, with a
2 year old Ford Galaxy & a 1 year old Focus in the drive.

She eventually paid the full amount grudgingly.

Any guesses as to her ethnic origins?

Clue - the capital city is Abuja.

Told her not to bother me again.