Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Why are people incapable of formulating useful subject lines?

Steve B wrote:

Why is it that formulating useful subject lines for usenet posts
and e-mails is a lost art?

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post
is on topic

I don't believe I've ever made it an issue here or pointed out when a
post is off-topic,

is spelled correctly

nor that

or is correct in some other minute detail.

And I notice how you escalate an issue by using hyperbole and
exaggeration.

The OP himself admits that his subject line could have (or even should
have) been better.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already
filled.

I hope you enjoy being satisfied by mediocrity and the status quo.

Pointing out when things can be done better, improved, is no crime.