Posted to alt.home.repair
arkland arkland is offline

Default Ouch. Outside Amana central air conditioning unit. Compressor.$4000?

On Sun, 18 Sep 2011 17:38:53 +0000, arkland wrote:

I'm sure there must be a board specific for AC licensing that would care
about the facts of this situation.

To update the team, the company manager of the technicians called me on
Wednesday and said they were re-training their technician, Matt, and that
they would pay me $200 for my out-of-pocket and other expenses in
addition to not charging me for their initial service call.

I must say they appeared 'reasonable' when confronted with the facts
(only the technician himself, and the Comfort Energy VP, who is the
husband of the owner of Comfort Energy) 'argued' with me that the
compressor was definitely bad. He only backed off when I told him I
wasn't paying anything until I had that, and the measurements, in
writing.

I guess a moral of the story is to get in writing all measurements,
whenever you're in an area beyond your expertise (which I clearly was, in
this case).

Without you guys, I would never have been able to track down the problem
(and the helpful counter guy, Greg, at Northaire in San Jose!).