Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Lawnmower Repair Question

On Sep 23, 7:10*am, DanG wrote:
On 9/22/2011 10:00 PM, Ron wrote:

On Sep 22, 8:48 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
*wrote:
If oil is blowing out, the crankcase breather is probably
stuck shut. Deal with that, first.

I'll have to look for that and check it. Just looking at the engine, I
don't see it. Must be covered by something.

But the bottom line is, the mounting flange gasket is blown. I can
tilt the mower over on it's right side and oil will start to drip
out.

Do you know of a Usenet small engine repair group? I've searched and
can't find one.

Ron, if you are laying the mower on its side to service underneath it
will pour oil out and become very difficult to start and will smoke
quite a bit when it does start. *They are not made to be able to lay on
their side. *I thought I had fixed *a lot of mower stuff through the
years, but I've never heard of replacing a mounting flange gasket, but
all things are possible.

The mower is leaking oil from the mounting flange!