Posted to alt.home.repair

Default diagnosis of bathroom ceiling leak

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 04:41:17 -0700 (PDT), bob haller wrote:

On Sep 23, 7:33*am, willshak wrote:
cycjec wrote the following:

Water was leaking from upstairs bathroom into the one below.
We ran the shower/tub water, the sink, the toilet. No leak.
The plumber thinks it is because of defective caulk in the
tub. I hope he is right.

It can also be from the plumbing in the wall.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

or the weight of standing in the tub causing the leak.

Yep. I had that problem in my previous house. I couldn't find the leak until
one day I decided to look (I had the ceiling torn out already) when SWMBO was
taking a shower.

if caulk does not fix it tear down the cieling and take a look