Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Telephone wiring question

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:47:50 -0700 (PDT), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

On Sep 21, 10:56Â*pm, "
wrote:
Hello All:

ATT advised me to go to cat 5 with my telephone wiring to improve DSL
connectivity.

I've got a new dual phone receptacle to accommodate the DSL modem and
a phone simultaneously.

Here is what I got:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...uctDisplay?lan...

I looked up online at various sites as to how to wire, but cannot
figure out the receptacle end.

Her is what the back of my receptacle looks like:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...ba&page=play&r...

How do I connect the cat 5 wires to this receptacle?

Thanks,

Deguza

P.S.: I found this at the Ace H/W site but it sis not make sense.

You do notr make sense either. The output from the telco line goes to
a splitter which has telephone output and digital output. The digital
output then goes to a modem or some means of connecting the digitasl
output to a computer,

No, the DSL to the phone goes through a filter, while the line to the
DSL does not. All the filter does is takes out the audible portion of
the dsl signal so the phone line is not noizy.

You only need 1 pair of wires to each jack - follow your colour code
to be sure you do not "split a pair" The twisted wires almost totally
eliminate "common mode noise" from the lines.