Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Freezer freezes, but fridge temp is too high....

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Quick fix, or time for a new fridge?
Oh, not solid state, with separate freezer/fridge stats -- "regular" white
fridge, freezer on top, wheel thermostat in fridge compartment.
I spose one poss. is the 'stat is just stuck.

I guess the real Q is: can there be a more serious problem if the freezer
part is fine, but the fridge part is not?
Some bad valve or sumpn, so that the whole thing needs to be sucked down,
recharged, etc. to replace the valve?
Dats a "get a new fridge" scenario, I would think.

Solved the problem posted: Found the fan, it works, just ice blockage.
Boucou thanks for the clarifications..

Now, normally I could have said, Y'all saved me a fortune, but it turns out
Le Wife wanted to get rid of this fridge anyway, so now that it's on its way
to getting fixed, I'm in the midst of a major fight..... goodgawd.... you
lose fer winnin....
--
EA

tia