Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
David41616 David41616 is offline

Default Mix and match speaker impedance

On Sep 22, 4:16*pm, NT wrote:

You could put on each of the 3 ohm channels 2x 6 ohm LSes, plus one of
the tweetered 6 ohms via a capacitor. Put all 3 in parallel. It gives
you 3 ohms at lf, 2-6ohms at hf, which is all good. Any modern IC
output amp will protect itself if you max out the volume, and speaker
impedances are only nominal, they vary quite a long way out in
reality.

Hi NT, thanks for that, but could I trouble you for an ASCII
schematic? Or a pic of a sketch. I am not as smart as you think I am.
What kind of cap, what value and voltage? If polarized, which way
around?

Thanks

Dave