Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default electricfy lawn mole?

On 9/22/2011 12:21 PM, Frank wrote:
On 9/22/2011 10:08 AM, bob wrote:
I have mole mounts in my lawn. Unfortunately, our state bans lethal
traps for moles.

I have tried mole poison, mole smoke bomb and neither worked.

Has anyone tried passing electric current into the soil strong
enough to
annoy the mole so it would leave?

Been a long time since I've had moles but I last used a poison with a
phosphide in it. See such poisons are still around, maybe your
hardware store will have.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/hi...lb-p-1790.html

Can't imagine a state inspector checking for mole traps.

No, but your neighbors can and will report you after their kid or a
neighborhood pet ends up suffering a mishap with your trap. Sorry,
I've heard way too many grisly stories coming about from inexperienced
people (read:homeowners) using traps and poisons. Too often, they end
up injuring or killing something unanticipated, sometimes in a very
disturbing manner.

Heard first hand from the idiots who admitted to doing it: a woman
spreading strychnine in her vegetable garden to kill the birds and
critters; a guy who took a shot at a squirrel in his yard, but missed,
and blew apart a bird feeder two homes over; another woman who used
leg-hold traps in her garden and complained about the noise and the
damaged caused by the crying raccoon who went around and round in
circles, trying get away from the trap and flattening everything
within its path. And she complained that she couldn't figure out how
to get her trap back from the pain-crazed raccoon, either.

Assholes, all of them. Glad they didn't live in my neighborhood.