Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default electricfy lawn mole?

bob wrote:
I have mole mounts in my lawn. Unfortunately, our state bans lethal
traps for moles.

I have tried mole poison, mole smoke bomb and neither worked.

Has anyone tried passing electric current into the soil strong enough
to annoy the mole so it would leave?

Research shows that Washington state bans the lethal trapping of fur-bearing
animals (no joke). Apparently this law encompases moles, rats, mice,
beavers, wolverines, otters, bears, and the duckbill platypus. Your, then,
choices seem to be:

1. Use a non-lethal trap. Harbor Freight has a small one for not much.
2. Ignore the law.

Of course if you choose option #1, you'll have to visit what to DO with Mr
Mole.

Do you know your state legislator's home address?