Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New shop, electrical question

Do I attach the ground wire in the armor cable to the jbox? Once I go
out of one of the switches I will use romex overhead and I want to be
sure everything is grounded correctly. I guess the metal conduit and
boxes are ground enough to just run the two wire 110 but when I come
out to armor cable and romex I want to be sure I am grounded no?

BW
Hoping I don't burn the place down or lectracute mysef. The farmer
wouldn't be happy.

Didn't realize I would start such a thread. I hired an electrician. He
tied the 110 armor cable ground to the same ground used for the 220
circuit (duh). He put in a few new 4 gang boxes and two switched
outlets. I could have done the switched outlets but I would have run
wire back and forth a few times and he did it in a single 3 conductor
run, as it should be done. $150 well spent.