Posted to rec.woodworking
Eric[_15_] Eric[_15_] is offline

Default New shop, electrical question

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message ...
Sorta exactly, I care about the Canadian Code, living in Canada, I have
rewired much of my house, when the white becomes a hot, i.e off a switch
I mark it. Not just for me, but for a possible future owner of the
house. I would hate to work on a wiring job where it wasn't done that
way. Absolutely nothing wrong with going beyond code, especially if it
only takes a minute and ten cents worth of materials.

I believe any electrician in N.America could recognize the white wire tied
into a bundle of blacks as a switch wire feed.

This was the recommended method and the only way not to see two whites on a
lamp socket, which your inspector will have a problem with.

The tape marking is redundant to most electrical people.

--

Eric