Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generators

In the box with my generator, is a quart of motor oil, and a
spray can of ether starting spray. I've had to spray ether
on the air filter, to help get the machine to run.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Han" wrote in message

I run mine every couple of months just to clear gas in
carburetor and
sometimes under load to run yard equipment.

Indeed. The bad, but not terrible outages we've had here
have occurred
about once a year the last 3 or so years. I'm not going to
run a
gasoline hog once a month just to make sure it'll work
right. That's why
I'm looking really only at NG or propane. As I said, my
plans are fueled
by fears that at some point in the future we'll be without
power for days
on end in the middle of winter. I know that is highly
unlikely, since we
are in a very densely populated area, but somewhat away from
the flood-
prone part of town. I expect PSE&G to re-connect us sooner
than people
out in the boonies.

--
Best regards