Posted to sci.electronics.repair
klem kedidelhopper klem kedidelhopper is offline

Default Alliance U100 antenna rotor

I used to install the Alliance U100 rotors for all my antenna jobs.
These rotors had 4 terminals that connected to the control box. I just
came across an Alliance rotor that looks just like a U100 however it
has 5 terminals instead of 4. I have never seen this model of Alliance
rotor before. Does anyone know what the purpose of the fifth terminal
was for and if there is any way that this rotor could be used with a
standard U100 four terminal control box? Someone else suggested that
the fifth terminal was for a similar system as the U100 but it was
solid state. If so, was the solid state circuitry in the box or the
rotor? Because as I remember from disassembling and repairing some of
those, inside the rotor were just motor windings and a stop switch, I
wonder if in fact the electronics was all in the box and the fifth
terminal was just something to do with the solid state "improvement"
to the system, one could possibly ignore the fifth terminal and just
use a standard U100 ratchet type box? Lenny