Darin McGrew

Default Pinewood Derby 101 - painting a car and getting a smooth finish - need help

hex wrote:
If multiple weigh-ins are allowed, make the care heavy. Weigh it,
step outside with a drill and remove a little, weigh it, remove a
little more .... repeat until just barely legal (according to this
particular scale).

I've done my share of drilling to get derby cars under the weight limit,
but if possible, I recommend that you avoid this technique. It can damage
both the finish and the wheel alignment.

Another possibility is to use small wood screws for the last bit of weight.
Then remove one screw at a time until you're under the weight limit.
--
Darin McGrew, , http://www.TheRallyeClub.org/
A gimmick car rallye is not a race, but a fun puzzle testing your