Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Are your taxes to low?

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 06:39:55 -0700 (PDT), Rex
wrote:

On Sep 19, 10:59*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:
Are you kidding? *We need to downsize gov't BIGTIME, and RIGHT NOW!
According to Gallup, 1:3 to 1:8 people in the US are currently working
for the gov't. *That's WAAAY too farkin' many in any sense.http://goo.gl/2Duxb*If we laid off 75% of them, and even if the Fed
paid unemployment wages, we'd still have enough to start paying down
the OMG Federal Debt.

I'm OK with the current tax level.

If we left it as-is until the debt is gone, I might be, too.
But the deficits should end -today-, or as soon as I'm king.

I'm NOT ok with the waste level, nor the corruption etc

You betcha.

Trouble is we got idiots, from both parties, running things. They
would just **** the additional funds away.

Yeah, before they were even collected.

Take a look at what Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell (R) did to cut
waste there.
Note he took office at the same time as BHO, with a state that was in
about the same fiscal shape as the Federal Govt, on a smaller scale.

http://goo.gl/d62MS Some good, some bad.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.