Posted to alt.home.repair
so[_2_] so[_2_] is offline

Default Are pine trees on topic if one needs repair?

On Sep 18, 7:03*pm, micky wrote:
Are pine trees on topic if one needs repair?

I have a 30 or 40 foot pine tree.

All the limbs below 7 feet have died. *Is that normal?

This week, below 4 feet, I found about 20 holes spread out around the
trunk, about 1/4 to 5/16" in diameter, through the bark and into the
wood. * I need to go back with a flashlight and a dental probe, but I
don't think I'll find anything but the hole. *

I don't have woodpeckers around here, at least not that I can hear,
and I could hear them if they were pecking at this tree.

Are these made by some parasite?

*Is it serious? *Will it kill the tree? * *Please say no. :-)

Thanks.

It's about time they did something with the pine trees....instead of
them just standing around like JERKS!