Posted to aus.electronics,sci.electronics.repair
Trevor Wilson[_4_] Trevor Wilson[_4_] is offline

Default CFLs - retrofitting low ESR capacitors

larry moe 'n curly wrote:
Trevor Wilson wrote:

**The full brightness thing is not associated with the electronics.
It's an issue with the gas in the tube and, to a lesser extent, the
phosphor coating.

So why do some CFLs keep the brightness more constant than others?

**I can't answer that question. All the ones I use are fine.

Don't sweat it anyway, LEDs will replace them in most applications
very soon. I've been mucking about with a couple of these recently:

Aren't LEDs also temperature sensitive?

**In the same sense that all semiconductors are, yes. Any decent LED
lighting manufacturer will take care of cooling.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au