Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default This thread is hijacked - everyone stay in their seats. (wasP-51 Crash)

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:41:06 -0700, Jim
wrote:

Sunworshipper wrote:

I've stripped the beautiful interiors that they put into DC-3's and
Beech& Lockheed -18's like you'd see in a Shirley Temple show.

My airplane is hangered not 50 feet from NC6166,
Cary Grant's Lodestar. Sadly, it's not much to
look at anymore.

What happened to it?

I don't rightly know. It was bought by my
neighbor across the apron. He flew it for
a time and it's rumored to have had a gear-up
landing due to a hydraulic failure.

It was repaired then someone from Australia
bought it and came over to ferry it home.
He pulled it out, spewed a few gallons of
avgas and oil on the apron, gave up and
pushed it back in it's corner, where it still
sits.

There's also a derelict DC3 at the airport
north of Lodi. You can see it from highway
99 coming to Sacramento. I heard it used to
be a jump plane for the skydiving operation.