Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Repair/Remove vinyl siding

On Sep 20, 1:05*pm, wrote:
Puddin' Man writes:
RicodJour wrote:

Google and YouTube are your friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bh7tHkZBMs

It *was* worth watching, but ...

He got to the part where using the special tool to start removal,
took a few stabs at it, failed to detach, and said "So much
for that!". His demo proceeded from using the screwdriver, which
I may or may-not be able to replicate.

It was the special tool that I had the problem with.

He's trying to make the point that the special tool is unnecessary.
Or maybe useless is more to the point.

There's no trick to it. *Vinyl is snapped together then nailed
loosely. *You can take it apart with your bare hands but a little
persistence (as demonstrated) is required.

He got in there and unsnapped the 2 pieces at an edge.
Once he had a little
opening to work with the rest was easy.

I'd say the most important aspect to doing this is a warm (or hot)
day.

With an adequate supply of cold beer.