Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Septic pump testing???

On 9/19/2011 11:17 PM, wrote:
Well, among the household items burned out by my power surge was my
sump pump. Going undetected for a couple of day I discovered 6+
inches of standing water in my finished basement.

With that aside my concern is the condition of my ejector pump in my
septic tank. Other than digging up the cover and manually activating
the float switch, can any on you industrious readers suggest/recommend
a method that I can use prior to or hopefully without digging it up?

Thanks

They actually buried the access plate? The whole point of the access is
to be able to easily get at the pump.

There isn't much to troubleshoot. Verify there is power, verify the
switch contacts are good and if it doesn't work replace the entire pump
or possibly only the motor depending on the pump.