Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe AutoDrill[_2_] Joe AutoDrill[_2_] is offline

Default I need a supply house in Australia for CNC-type toolholders...

I've heard worse. My boss told the cautionary tale of the time the
main gear pump crashed on his polyethylene pilot plant. This was on a
Friday, and he told the lead tech to have it running by Monday. Came
back on Monday and it was running. Turns out the tech had located a
replacement (these are very large and expensive gear pumps, primary
devo drivers in this service) and had it flown into the local airport
by Flying Tigers. Don't remember the freight, but it was in the
thousands.

The moral: be careful of what you wish for or ask a tech to do if you
don't specify any constraints.

Pete Keillor

I've been on the other side of that order before... A $10,000 drill set-up
MUST be delivered by a certain date and it's a rush order...

We ship. It's delivered. About 6 months later, we get a call looking for
assistance during the installation process.

Seems some places just expedite everything.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R